Monday, February 8, 2010

Riddle Me This


My most brilliant of canines, Lego (named after a brilliant building toy of course,) seen hear helping his daddy, "I can do it, I can do it.  Just let me in there, I can do it,"  has convinced me that today would be a good day for a riddle.

I had planned on posting at least once this past weekend and if I was lucky maybe even twice.  But alas, as life sometimes does, it threw some unexpected plans my way that kept me away from you my dear readers.

But here it is Monday and now with many things to catch up on that did not get done over the weekend, and with me wanting to touch base with you all, Lego's idea was starting to sound really good, of course - he is brilliant you know.

This was one I ran across last week during homeschooling and thought it would be fun to post and see if you can come up with the correct answer.

Here it is:

"A man having a fox, a goose, and a pock of corn wants to cross a river.  He can take but one at a time.  The fox will kill the goose and the goose will eat the corn if they are left together.  How can he get them safely across?"

Any guesses my brillant readers out there?

I'll post the answer Thursday in the comment section.  In the meantime let me know what you think the answer is.

Also, if you haven't registered for the Dave Ramsey book giveaway yet - make sure you scroll down to the post last week that explains.  This ends in two days so hurry!

Have an amazing day!  Jamie


6 comments:

  1. Oooh, I am going to have to think on that one. I think I will show it to my husband. He likes riddles and thinks he is soooo smart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am HORRIBLE at riddles. Even my 7 year old can stump me. Even of the most obvious of answers I remain blissfully unaware. Can't wait to read the answer! Then I'll try it out on someone else proving how brilliant I am. =)
    Mindy
    www.thesuburbanlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for coming by and saying hi. Your blog is so cute. We learned the don't get in debt lesson early in our marriage. It really works. We were able to retire when the hubby was 55. Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  4. The man makes the following trips.....

    1. Crosses the river with the goose.
    2. Returns.
    3. Crosses the river with the corn.
    4. Returns with the goose (and puts it down).
    5. Crosses the river with the fox.
    6. Returns.
    7. Crosses the river with the goose.

    I think this works! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just smile and nod and make it look like I know what's going on when most of the time I have no clue haha. great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, sorry, I know I said I would give you the answer yesterday but I was in bed sick, so here it is. Go up a few comments to mike, Amy & Nicholas's Comment - she got the right Answer. Yeah!!! I hope ya'll enjoyed that. Jamie

    ReplyDelete

Oh I'm so happy you checked out my blog. I absolutely love hearing from each and every one of you - it truely makes my day! Jamie