Sunday, January 10, 2010

Out With The Old...In With The New


Okay, nearly two months ( I know, I know) since my last post and in that time we had the bounty of an amazing home cooked Thanksgiving meal right here in our cozy kitchen.  We  then proceeded to prepared, decorated, baked, shop and enjoyed our way straight through Christmas.


On December 30th, my amazing and handsome husband Ken and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary.  Yes, I did say 20th.  He took me out to this incredible restaurant in Raleigh called Second Empire.  It was nice to dress up and feel the romance that often gets lost in our daily joys.


The next day was New Years Eve and five minutes before the drop of the Crystal ball my husband decided he was going to bed.  Okie dokie then, I guess he had enjoyed just one too many celebratory moments.  No harm done, my eight year old son Ethan and I toasted to the excitement of yet another blessed year, he with some sparkling grape juice and I with a splash of champagne.


 A couple of lazy days under our now strethched out belts and we hit the ground running in the New Year.


I've changed the look of my blog, what do you thing?


I've also become more obsessed with time management then I was before if that is even possible.  It's not that I am trying to figure out how to get it all done, instead I want to fit even more in.  When you wake up and find you are 43 years old and have only checked off a tenth of the experiences and accomplishments on your "to-do before..." list, I knew it was high time to find a way to get more in in less hours and still stop to give my husband a kiss in the morning on his way off to work or listen to my son explain some scientific model he saw on the Science Channel that has my head spinning.


Last I wrote I told you I felt the winds blowing at my back, pushing me to new heights and it hasn't stop.  Organic in nature it brings the anticipation of the unknown with only the comfort and knowlege that it is going to be wonderful!

(Oh, and that adorable little cream buff of a dog is my little Lego enjoying the summer sun back several months ago.)

A Most Wonderous of Wishes to you in the New Year!  Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh I'm so happy you checked out my blog. I absolutely love hearing from each and every one of you - it truely makes my day! Jamie