Monday, January 11, 2010

Looking for our little Hobby Farm

Before I go any further I need to take a moment to personally thank everyone who has become a member of my blog, written comments and or read  it.  Being new to this blogging thing I realized in all the learning I forget to tell you all how much I appreciate the kind words and feedback.  It is my promise to you that I will start responding to your comments from here on out.  Shame on me, I know better, so I beg of you to please pardon my rudeness.

Yesterday turned out to be another brillantly cold day, but with the sun shinning above it encouraged us to venture out to get some fresh air.

On a whim we decided to try a new flea market we had noticed earlier in the week.  It is in a part of the city we don't go to often, so feeling a bit adventurous we checked it out.  Not a good idea...we'll leave it at that.

So off to the outskirts of the city we went.


Normally our weekends are spent at the beach or pool when the weather is warm ( I know, life is tough.)  But since the weather has been on the very cold side for quite some time we've been spending several of our Sundays looking for locations in and around the city to possible build or buy a home in the distant future.


Currently we live in a lovely townhouse purchased two and a half years ago and are completely happy with.  However, we knew even then that it probably wouldn't be for long term.  So with a plan of action draw out we have been gleefully budgeting our way into financial freedom in the hopes to become new debt-free (or as close to as possible) homeowners.


Tall order I agree but one we are diligently working towards.


Back to the country.  While out I found this...

We believe this to be a deer skeleton.  What do you think?


So what kind of place are we looking for?  Well we both love the city of Raleigh and have decided we want to be in or near the city limits.  Fortunately for us, there are many places in Raleigh that feel and look like the countryside.


Then we have to determine what we want.


Me?  I want a full blown Hobby Farm.  If it has an old barn to restore and a creek running through the property all the better.


For the most part my husband is on with that.  While we don't agree on every element, we feel very confident that we will know the right place when we see it.  That's good enough for me for now.




                       
Had to throw these photos in.  On one of the few warmer days we've had since Christmas, Ethan tried out his new Razor scooter.  Ah to be young again!


Coming News To Watch For!


Very soon(as in less than a week) I will be having a  Giveaway Contest to readers, you're going to love this one.  So between now and then be sure to spread the word to all your friends and family to visit my blog so they can get in on it too.

Ta-ta, Jamie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh I'm so happy you checked out my blog. I absolutely love hearing from each and every one of you - it truely makes my day! Jamie