Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Snow Storm That Hit The Southeast



Okay, those of you know me understand that I have a servere allergic reactions when it comes to snow and cold weather.  Really, I do!

Okay, maybe not really but I might as well.  God created me to live in warm climates and that was just the way I popped onto this earth.  I can't help it.  (Ironically I was stationed in Grand Forks, ND while in the Air Force, hows that for karma?)

Anyway, if you've all been watching the news the last couple of days you are aware we got a snow/ice storm here.  We obviously did not move far enough south.  Global warming anyone?  Where is the global warming I was promised?  I demand to see my share of it.

Oh well.

So the snow began and this is what I woke up to yesterday morning.



Ken, being the smart man he is, illegally parked his van at the top of the hill in front of the house instead of leaving it in the garage.  Last year he almost didn't make it up the hill.  No worries this year, he just played hooky from work.  Shhh, don't tell his boss.

I took Lego and for his morning duty...
...and that's me in by pajama bottoms and snow boots I've had for over a decade and probably will have the rest of my life because they see so little action.
It was a dreary overcast day - aaaallll day!

I swear I would go bloody mad as our British friends like to say if I had to live in cold dreary climates for more than one day at a time.

So to occupy my mind and ward of the crazies, I baked.
I baked bread.
Then I made a Coconut Cream Pie - trust me when I say it was delicious!!!
Oh - I also started on an apron I should finish up soon.  I'll show you the pics and how-to when I'm done.

Today, thankfully we awoke to a more humane greeting with the sun shining.
So we took a walk...



And this is where we walked to.

As long is there is a Starbucks open I know a hint of civilization still exists in a land of frozen tundra.

Thank God for small miracles.  Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh I'm so happy you checked out my blog. I absolutely love hearing from each and every one of you - it truely makes my day! Jamie